Manual Lymph Drainage
What is manual Lymphatic Drainage?
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a therapy, developed by Dr. Vodder, which uses a gentle massage technique and aims to activate and to regularize the circulation of the lymph. This lymph flows within the third circulatory system of the body: the lymphatic system, formed by vessels and lymph nodes. It is an interstitial liquid, surrounding both, the cells and each organ of the body.
MLD cleans the lymph of all accumulated toxic substances, which weaken and diminish the vital functions of our body, thereby provoking important harm (edema, cellular and tissue degeneration...)
How does MLD affect the human body?
The lymph, a physiological part of our body, brings to the cells the nutrition they require and eliminates the toxic elements. MLD stimulates and regularizes this nutritional exchange between the lymph and the cells of the body by:
- Activating the elimination of the toxins and the accumulated residues of the interstitial liquid.
- Activating the distribution of nutritive elements (particularly fats) within the cells.
- Increasing the body's immune defenses by cleaning the lymph nodes of the accumulated residues, which lessen their natural defense activity.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage also produces a state of profound relaxation, therefore serving as an efficient aid in daily life and the stress inherent to it.
Primary - Prevention:
- Maintenance of a good venous, arterial and lymphatic flow.
- Slowing down of the aging process.
- Diminishing of the stress impact on the body.
- Edema of the arms and legs
- Headaches, fatigue
- Accumulation of fats (on the tops of the thighs and in other places)
- Elimination of toxins post surgery
Lymphatic Drainage detoxifies the body,
restores the natural exchange between the
cells and their environment, and helps to
re-establish energy of a better quality,
without which neither health nor well-being
If you enjoyed reading about Manual Lymphatic Drainage and would like more information I encourage you to visit http://www.upledger.com.
- Swedish Massage
- Deep Tissue Body Work
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Somato Emotional Release
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Neuromuscular Therapy
- Manual Lymph Drainage
- Polarity Therapy
- Esoteric Healing
- Spinal Touch
- Integrative Massage: Earth
- Herbal Ball Experience
- Sacred Lomi
- Himalayan Salt Detoxer